Fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging are inevitable. However, the degree of which can be a genetic tendency, skin type and environmental factors. They can start quite early in life based on those factors and our bodies producing 1% less collagen per year after the age of 20.
Fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging fall into four subcategories:
Atrophic Crinkling Rhytids – fine parallel lines which are due to elasticity
Permanent Creases – crease lines that look like permanent cracks in the skin often seen on cheeks, the base of the neck and as smokers lines,
Dynamic Lines – formed from expression and movement often seen around the eyes as crows feet which can end up becoming static wrinkles in the skin
Gravitational Folds – occur based on skin thickness, so when the skin begins to lax, then folds occur.
Much can be done to improve smooth lines and wrinkles. At your cosmetic consultation, we will be able to provide an accurate assessment of the skin rejuvenation treatment we can do based on your budget, time frame and level of readiness.
Kingsway Dermatology offers the most effective anti aging facial treatments including:
- BOTOX® removes signs of aging by giving your face a fresh, youthful look. BOTOX® injections are ideal as they are quick to administer and specifically target the areas where wrinkles form.
- There is a natural loss of proteins, elastin, supportive fat tissue, and a natural molecule that assists cell production called hyaluronic acid as your skin ages. Dermal fillers fill in wrinkles, restore lost volume to hollowed cheeks, subtly sculpt and reshape your face and reduce the appearance of jowls.
- Micro-needling is designed to improve the appearance of various skin conditions such as light scarring from acne, enlarged or dilated pores, stretch marks and overall aging of the skin. The procedure is done with a micro-needling device that glides over the top of the skin. The controlled injury to the skin triggers the body’s natural healing response, resulting in the stimulation of new collagen and elastin fibres.
- Skin boosters using micro-droplets of a specialized non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid have been trending for some time with rave reviews. Known as the Beauty Booster this skin rejuvenation treatment offers a thinner consistency of the hyaluronic acid for the person wanting to add hydration without adding volume to their skin.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments soften aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles on your face, neck, and chest. It offers a natural solution to treating wrinkles and improving the texture of the skin on your face. This Health Canada approved therapy, dubbed the ‘Vampire Facelift,’ has shown improvements in the skin’s overall health and appearance by providing a slow release of much-needed growth factors and enzymes.
- Vital components of healthy skin diminish naturally over time. Fine lines form, skin thins and loosen, brown spots appear, a rough texture can develop, and pores can appear larger. Fractional laser resurfacing treatments are often referred to as laser skin rejuvenation. Laser Resurfacing reduces signs of aging and gives your face an overall refreshed, more youthful look.
The most effective anti aging facial treatment can be used separately, and some may be combined or used in conjunction with other medicines to maximize your aesthetic benefits.
Dermatologists at Kingsway Dermatology
Over 50,000 conditions affect the skin, hair, and nails. A dermatologist assesses and diagnoses these conditions and treats them medical or surgically. These conditions are varied and can include medical and cosmetic issues ranging from skin cancers and many inflammatory disorders.
Dermatologists at Kingsway Dermatology in Toronto are trained to treat:
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Eye Enhancement
- Jowls | Jawline Contouring
- Volume Loss | Skin Laxity
- Lines & Wrinkles
- Lip Enhancements
- Neck & Chest
- Acne & Acne Scars
- Spider Veins
- Pigmentation | Melasma
- Hair Loss
- Rosacea Treatment
- Brown Spots | Sun Damage
- Enlarged Pores & Texture
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Double Chin & Neck Fullness